Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Tribute to The Troops

I recieved the following e-mail asking me to post the video by Pat McGee and although it is specifically an American tribute we are allies in this war and I find it fitting.

The moving story behind the song is tragic, inspiring and is best told byPat himself...

"Come Back Home was written in the wake of me losing my longtime drummer andformer Army soldier John C. Williams. But the song started off as areflection of how a military couple deals with separation. After the releaseof Come Back Home, Johns little brother was killed by an IED in Iraq. Hisname was Blake Williams. His platoon used this track as the audio to amemorial slide show presentation they did in March of 2008. It was for allthe courageous men and women they had lost in the month of March.

I am humbled by their service to our great country and I hope this songbrings them some peace. My father served in Vietnam and I truly appreciatetheir dedication and bravery."-Pat McGee


No comments: