Thursday, March 23, 2006

Fun With Hand Grenades

I was trying to post a comment at the blog in the title but something is amiss at blogger today because it can't recognize that I really am typing in the word to prove I'm not a bot, so I'm posting it here. This guy is a good writer and has a different perspective. His blog is worth a visit. Anyway here's the comment I was going to post, but couldn't.
=============================
I just came across your blog and you are a great writer. I read a lot of Military Blogs and yours is now going to be on my daily list.

I especially like your "Military Terms and General Guide" section. It's instructive as well as being very funny.

I used to be in the Canadian Army but never saw action and at the time I was young and dumb enough to want to go to war. I can relate to your gripes about military bullshit. I imagine grunt life hasn't changed much since the days of Marcus Aurelius.

And as for propoganda you hit it right on. Everybody's doing it. The left. The Right. It's hard to strain out the Bullshit. That's why I started reading blogs like yours.

I want to thank you for your service. I believe that the war in Iraq was the right thing to do. America was backing down on too many issues like the pull out from Lebanon after the Marine Barracks was blown up, Somalia, The American Embassy bombings the USS Cole, the first World Trade Center bombing, crazy f***ed up islamist jihadis were at war with America way before September 11, 2001.

You obviously knew the chances of going to Iraq were extrememly high when you signed up for a full term, when the Army is offering two year contracts. I admire a man who wants to serve his country with a machine gun.

Stay as safe as you can. I hope you make it to your goal of becoming an E-5. God bless.

P.S.I'm going to link to you on my pathetic blog.

http://funwithhandgrenades.blogspot.com/

No comments: